Its spring and, everyone does a good deal of spring cleaning. Today I would like to share with you my top 5 things that you more than likely aren't cleaning and should be cleaning. If you are cleaning them, good for you. :)
1) Cell phones- They can be the most gross germ invested things out there. You set them down anywhere you touch them all day long. You don't want to spray them with anything. This is how I clean my cell phone. These wipes will be your best friend for a nice clean Cell phone :) I just love them! You should clean them once a day.
2) Dryer duct- If you have kids with allergies you should clean these all the time. Also, they are a HUGE fire danger!! Your power bill will go down significantly when you clean them. They are really easy to clean and it doesn't take long.
This is an example of how bad they can get, fire waiting to happen!
All you need is a wire brush and push it all out. You can get these brushes at a home improvement store.
3) Keyboard- Research suggests that most, if not all, keyboards are contaminated with at least one kind of bacteria that could cause illness. Which is why it’s important to give your keyboard a good wipe-down with some commercial wipes or water/alcohol-soaked towelettes, at least once a day.
4) Door knobs, light switches- You might not forget these as often only because they are over-stressed as the “most forgotten items” to clean. The silly thing is these things are probably the easiest things to clean in your house. I go around and spray all of mine with Lysol every now and then.
5) Garbage disposal- Cleaning your garbage disposal is another way to keep your household odors at bay. That is because the inside cylinder of the disposal can quickly get a buildup of sludge and little particles of food. Run a couple of cups of ice mixed with a cup of rock salt. Place ½ cup baking soda in the disposal. Follow that up with 1 cup vinegar. Allow it to work its magic…it will bubble and fizz for a while. Then follow up with some very hot water. Then I like to use a magic eraser on the flaps (splash guard) and around the opening.
There you have it add these 5 things to your spring cleaning to do list! Enjoy :-)