Pages

WELCOME

Hello! Welcome to my blog, my name is Tawnya. I'm a
Mommy to 3 little ones, a lucky wife to the Man of my dreams. I am a Cosmetologist, Crafter, Photographer and a stay at home Mom. My blog is simply about everything I love from, decorating, DIY, recipes, beauty, hair, camping, kids you name it. I love life and hope my blog can uplift and inspire many. Thanks for stopping by and come back often so you wont miss a thing!

March 1, 2013

Salad Perfect for Summer BBQ's

 
This is my Grandma's recipe, it isn't your typical salad but my oh my, I LOVE it! It is nice and light and super delish! Kid approved also which is a bonus :-) The nice thing about this is, you can add a bunch of different things to it. I will share with you today how my Grandma and I make it with some other ideas as well. Here is what you need to make this AMAZING Salad!
 
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup of Apple cider vinegar (cold)
1 purple onion
1 bag of frozen peas and carrots
1 pepper (any color)
Bag of frozen petite corn
celery (about 5 chopped really small)
water chestnuts
 
Add the sugar and vinegar, stir it all until it is dissolved. Chop onion into very small pieces. Dump in all the frozen veggies. Cut up the celery into small pieces. Chop the pepper into small pieces. Drain the water chestnuts and chop. Stir it all together. So simple!
 
This is something you would want to make in the morning or day before you would eat it to allow all the veggies to be defrosted before you dig into it :-) Plus a day of marinating makes it even sweeter. You could add any type of bean to this just make sure you drain and rinse them really well before you add them to the salad. With Spring and Summer just around the corner, this is something you could bring to all the BBQ's instead of the typical green salad. Everyone will love it. ENJOY!! 
 
Thank you for all who have been following my blog, it means a lot to me.  I will be having give aways soon for all who follow :-)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

************DON'T FORGET TO CLICK ON OLDER POSTS FOR MORE*************