Pages

WELCOME

Hello! Welcome to my blog, my name is Tawnya. I'm a
Mommy to 3 little ones, a lucky wife to the Man of my dreams. I am a Cosmetologist, Crafter, Photographer and a stay at home Mom. My blog is simply about everything I love from, decorating, DIY, recipes, beauty, hair, camping, kids you name it. I love life and hope my blog can uplift and inspire many. Thanks for stopping by and come back often so you wont miss a thing!

February 16, 2017

Chocolate Zucchini Cake


Let me just say this Chocolate Zucchini Cake is AMAZING! It has a vegetable in it so it counts to say it is “healthy” LOL (wink, wink)


Have you ever had a chocolate sheet cake or Texas sheet cake?  This zucchini cake is just like that, but with the addition of zucchini.  It’s dense, moist, rich and very chocolaty.  You can’t even tell there is zucchini in it.
Ingredients:
2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
2 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. unsalted butter
1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
3 eggs
1/2 c. buttermilk
2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. shredded zucchini, peeled or unpeeled
Chocolate Frosting
3 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 c. unsalted butter
1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 c. buttermilk
1 tsp. vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook for 17-18 mins
For the Cake: In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.  In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter; add the cocoa powder and stir until smooth and combined.  Bring to a boil, remove from heat and add to the dry ingredients along with the eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and shredded zucchini.  Mix until well combined.  Pour into a greased baking sheet and spread out evenly. When it comes out of the oven pour he frosting right on
For the Chocolate Frosting:  Add powdered sugar to a large bowl; set aside.  In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter; add the cocoa powder and buttermilk and stir until smooth and combined.  Bring to a boil, remove from heat and pour over the powdered sugar.  Add the vanilla and whisk together until smooth and creamy.  Pour over hot cake and spread out evenly.  Allow to cool, slice and serve.
***NOTE:***I peel half of my zucchini and pulse it all in my blender a few times, but make sure you have it all measured after you grate it before you pulse it.  In my oven it is perfectly done at 17 mins just stick a tooth pick in the middle it can take 17-20 mins to cook every oven is different.
Now go make you some of this YUMMY cake and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

************DON'T FORGET TO CLICK ON OLDER POSTS FOR MORE*************