Pages

WELCOME

Hello! Welcome to my blog, my name is Tawnya. I'm a
Mommy to 3 little ones, a lucky wife to the Man of my dreams. I am a Cosmetologist, Crafter, Photographer and a stay at home Mom. My blog is simply about everything I love from, decorating, DIY, recipes, beauty, hair, camping, kids you name it. I love life and hope my blog can uplift and inspire many. Thanks for stopping by and come back often so you wont miss a thing!

May 29, 2012

Emergency SOY Candles


Soy candles that will last 40 hours, great for an emergency. Soy is all natural and not harmful. I saw this on a website and thought I would try them out myself too. They are super easy to make. If you think about it, when you don't have any light in an emergency. You really only need about 4-5 hours a night for candle use. Here is what I did.
 
                         You will need 5 lbs of Soy candle wax, I got mine at Hobby Lobby, mason jars,
                                                    candle wicks (I got mine on amazon)
Put the wax in a double broiler until melted

I put foil on a cookie sheet so it would catch the drips while I poured
What the wax looks after it is melted

Just dump it in all your jars and leave a little room at the top. You can see in this picture how it starts setting up.(I only wish I had a candle wick center, holder. it would have made it easier but, it worked fine without one too.)

                                                I cut the wicks after they were all set up

The finish product. These are so easy to make. I feel good that I now have 400 hours of light if we need it!!

1 comment:

  1. Earthly is a marketplace that brings together the best Women Bathrobes products to the region, Our primary focus is to bring unique, sustainable fabrics to the region in timeless styles, bridging the gap currently existing in the marketplace.

    ReplyDelete

************DON'T FORGET TO CLICK ON OLDER POSTS FOR MORE*************