Pages

WELCOME

Hello! Welcome to my blog, my name is Tawnya. I'm a
Mommy to 3 little ones, a lucky wife to the Man of my dreams. I am a Cosmetologist, Crafter, Photographer and a stay at home Mom. My blog is simply about everything I love from, decorating, DIY, recipes, beauty, hair, camping, kids you name it. I love life and hope my blog can uplift and inspire many. Thanks for stopping by and come back often so you wont miss a thing!

January 8, 2014

Food Storage Baby step #4

 

Baby Step #4 is....Storing Drinking Water!!!
If you've ever been thirsty, you'll realize that water storage is an essential part of an emergency preparedness program. While you can go without food for an extended period of time, you can only go without water for a VERY short period of time. To me this is one of the MOST important thing to store. You need to obtain at LEAST a two week supply of water for each member of your family. A two week supply of DRINKING water per person is 14 gallons. This does NOT include washing, cleaning, or cooking water. Have water in all sorts of containers. Having a water filter is also a good idea for filtering water that may be questionable to drink.

* Purchase a few cases of water bottles every week to add to your home storage water supply.
* Rotate your water supply regularly.
* Keep water containers away from heat and direct sunlight.
* NEVER store water containers directly on cement. Always have them on some wood, I use pallets. You don't want any of the particles from the concrete to get into your water.

I have a fun and easy way I like to store cooking and cleaning water CLICK HERE

Don't forget to come back next week for more tips :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

************DON'T FORGET TO CLICK ON OLDER POSTS FOR MORE*************