Pages

WELCOME

Hello! Welcome to my blog, my name is Tawnya. I'm a
Mommy to 3 little ones, a lucky wife to the Man of my dreams. I am a Cosmetologist, Crafter, Photographer and a stay at home Mom. My blog is simply about everything I love from, decorating, DIY, recipes, beauty, hair, camping, kids you name it. I love life and hope my blog can uplift and inspire many. Thanks for stopping by and come back often so you wont miss a thing!

October 19, 2013

Blueberry, Lemon & Mascarpone Turnovers

This is something different that I made for dessert. They are VERY YUMMY! I have never used Mascarpone cheese before this and, it is quite tasty. These are one of the easiest pastries I have made. Go get your supplies and give it a try. I am telling you this is a simple recipe. By now if you are following my blog you know I am all about simple but yet still tasty recipes. Enjoy and tell me what you all think.

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
  • 2 tablespoons sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
  • 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice ( I put a little more, just taste to see how you like it)
  • 1 teaspoon lemon zest
  • 1/3 cup fresh or frozen and thawed blueberries
  • 2 (9-inch) refrigerated pie crusts
  • 1 egg, beaten ( to brush on pastry crust to act like a glue)
  • Vegetable oil, for frying


Directions
Special equipment: a 3 1/2-inch round cookie cutter
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a small bowl, mix together the cheese, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and lemon zest until smooth. Stir in the blueberries.
Using a 3 1/2-inch round cookie cutter, cut the pie dough into 12 circles. Place the dough on the prepared baking sheet. Using a pastry brush, lightly brush the edges of the dough with the beaten egg. Place about 1 1/2 teaspoons of the cheese mixture in the center of the dough. Fold the dough in half to enclose the filling and pinch the edges to seal. Using the tines of a fork, gently crimp the sealed edges. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
While the pastry is chilling: In a large heavy-bottomed saucepan, pour enough oil to fill the pan about a third of the way. Heat over medium heat until a deep-frying thermometer inserted in the oil reaches 375 degrees F. (If you don't have a thermometer a cube of bread will brown in about 3 minutes.) Fry the turnovers for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes until golden. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with powdered sugar while still hot. Cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
(Recipe from Giada de Laurentiis)   

No comments:

Post a Comment

************DON'T FORGET TO CLICK ON OLDER POSTS FOR MORE*************